Friday, June 28, 2013

I got peed on by a toad! Then I went for a walk

This was going to be/should be my post from last week. I started to write, stopped, then went on to doing other things. One of the things being packing up myself for two weeks of travel.

I am enjoying 5 days of walking from one city in Moldova to the capital, Chisinau. Some PCVs organized a "Walk Across Moldova" where volunteers can walk from either the north or the south and promote volunteerism in each of the villages/cities we crash in. Right before the walk I picked up 3rd place in my first ever 5km and managed to win 100 lei... Everyday is full of surprises!

Today I picked up trash, yesterday we met Moldovans and talked about volunteering and played games with them and the day before we weeded and hung out with the mayor of the town for my birthday. From the 30th to the 4th of July I am traveling a historical part of Romania (once part of old Moldova) and will explore 10 famous monasteries in four days. If I still remember English by the end of it I promise to write a big fat blog all about it.

Check out www.pcmoldova.org to follow what we are up to right now... There are only a few days left but if you go to the right hand side of the page you will see Turul.. These are blogs we are writing on our trip!


Catch you all on the flipside! Thank you to everyone for the birthday wishes!!!



What I started to write last week... Ignore this part if you hate reading someone's unorganized thoughts.

Just now I got peed on by a toad. Prior this event I sucessfully made two pizzas and a batch of chocolate chip cookies for my neighbors in celebration of a newborn baby girl (who's name I've already forgotten) on my little soviet block.

Yesterday I hiked atleast 10km in search of the oldest monastery in Moldova from a campsite overlooking a beautiful valley with horses and goats and a secret waterfall. I went to a picnic to raise funds for a French-Moldovan based organization in a nearby village and dragged three other volunteers with me and made them sleep outside with me.

The day befpre that I made homemade pizza for the first time with my own home grown oregano and basil and finished it off with some of the best wine in Moldova I bought for a steal after visiting the vineyard with a group of Moldovans that afternoon. I also successfully started on of my projects financed by the RPCV's of Central Missouri by bringing together my business incubator residents and the residents of another business incubator in Moldova. Go Peace Corps. Thanks for the yummy wine.

Jealous yet?

I am.

Although this month makes me sing the version of I'm So Glad by Cream as I wake up everyday, I breezed through the end of April after my vacation in Hungary and May to the point I barely remember them happening. Before I know it I'll be jobless, Moldovanless and broke back in the United States. Hmpf. Disturbing thoughts.


No comments:

Post a Comment