Monday, July 23, 2012


This week I've trying to think of what I need to write about. I can't say nothing has happened, I'm not that lame but I really have a semi-lazy brain right now. Recently I wiped my butt with Russian literature, drank some more house wine, went bowling (crazy, bowling!), carved a happy birthday card into a harbuz (watermelon) for a fellow volunteers birthday, carried mentioned harbuz through the beloved, infamous cow field between Ciorescu and Cricova to get to the party, had a blast at the party, became friends with a dog I named dude, stared at a few goats, slipped down the stairs in my house (ouch), have proceeded to get more and more lost in the language thanks to daily lanugage classes and had an epic time with Moldovan women in a fitness class held in the Romanian school's basement.

Funniest moment that gets the cake this week: Walking into a bus and noticing a pair of dentures chilling on a bench. Hanging out. Outside their owner's mouth... Who walked off the bus without their dentures!? Who in their right mind put their dentures on the nasty bus bench in the first place!? Either way we all were in near tears as the pair of dentures traveled on down the road via autobuzul until a women handed the nearest gentleman a baggie to put them in and hand to the driver of the bus.

I do want to go on a rant about whiners. Complainers. Debbie AND Danny downers (dudes this includes you). Negative Nancies. Whatever you want to call a person you want to throw something very spikey, smelly and painful at when their bitching, whining, and complaining starts pouring from their mouths start polluting my ear noise. This sort of toxic waste is fine, in small doses. Everyone can eat a little mercury in their lives and everyone can handle some gripe BUT, but... I've run into this type of character on my little Peace Corps adventure already and I must say, I grind my teeth, roll my eyes and try if possible to leave the room everytime their poor choice of words and phrases interrupt my precious, blissful time on this planet. I'm no saint but I signed up for this VOLUNTEER position to try out and feel the shoes of someone that gives their life for others, not care so much about myself for a while, I doubt Mother Teresa and I wear the same shoe size but geez I will try to fill hers the best I can and not complain about my surroundings...Like someone here said, we as Americans are so so privileged to take this volunteer opportunity for two years its kinda unbelievable just saying that to someone. Realistically, our families CAN survive without two years of income and we can take the time out of our life no problemo. That wouldn't be the case for people here in Moldova and elsewhere...
I really feel like I could go on and on but will hold my tongue.. or my typing fingers at this point to stop from sounding completely rude. I think Dr. Phil would be proud. :) 


Oh and P.S. I think dad, you have met your match with someone that washes their car as much as you do. My host dad I think washed the car twice in a week or ten days AND took out the front seats and washed them up too! :) 


No matter how far away I travel I realize we're all (kinda) the same... 


Kate

1 comment: