Sunday, July 8, 2012

Today I write about my cheese incidence from the other day. Happy belated Independence Day and birthday to my Grandpa!

So the other day we had a break in training and a few trainees and myself played a game of fotbol with some local kids. Its alot of fun, the kids are really good and its nice to show them that a girl can actually play sports half way decent. Just like in the states, its super hot here too so we went through alot of water and took two breaks from playing. On one break I went to the outhouse next door (the field is in the "city center" next to the bus stop, store, bar and little restaurant) that is probably publicly wayyy too overused but that's not what this story is about... When I stepped out of the outhouse a girl my age was smoking and wearing a uniform for work/ cashier vest that they wear next door. She was super friendly and was trying to understand my broken Romanian and I went back to the field pretty excited that I made a new friend my age. I thought she was working this little drink stand thats right outside the Magazine (shop) where all the locals buy this kinda gross tasting iced tea drink called "Cvas." I think its the countries favorite and or official drink of choice. These stands are set up everywhere, especially in the capitol. Not thinking, I said, "I made a new friend, I think she works at the Cascaval stand!!!" Instead of Cvas, I said cheese, and I totally realized it a minute too late when everyone started cracking up. So that is the story how the girl from Wisconsin in the group got the nickname cheese girl. :) Oh the irony in life....

Hope all is well! Today I hit the north road up to my future work site in the city of Rezina! I am very excited about the NGO I will be working with as it sounds like they work in eco-tourism, small business, rural business and other earthy fun stuff. The website is http://www.habitat.md/ and it is in English so go check it out! I will post pictures of stuff next time including my future home!

"Respond to every call that excites your spirit." Rumi

Kate

No comments:

Post a Comment